LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) - (TT6(20)). THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (JUNCTION ENTRY/EXIT TREATMENTS) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1616459
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) - (TT6(20)). THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (JUNCTION ENTRY/EXIT TREATMENTS) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 20th February 2020 it made an Order to allow for the construction of raised junction entry treatments and Copenhagen style crossings across a series of road junctions, to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed prohibit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, in any road mentioned in the Schedule of this Notice within a distance of 20 metres of any of those road's junction with either Blackhorse Road E17 or Odessa Road E7.
3. Whilst works are being carried out in any road or part of road mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice, any one way working or no entry prohibition operating:
(a) in any roads or part of roads mentioned in that Schedule; and
(b) in any roads or parts of roads adjoining any roads or parts of roads mentioned in that Schedule would be suspended.
4. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
5. Where appropriate, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by local signage.
6. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person
7. The Order will come into operation on 20th February 2020 for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary. Dated 20th February 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident
Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
E17 roads (roads adjoining Blackhorse Road E17)
CORNWALLIS ROAD E17
COURTENAY ROAD E17
HAWARDEN ROAD E17
LLOYD ROAD E17
HAZELWOOD ROAD E17
E7 roads (and roads adjoining Odessa Road E7)
HUDDLESTONE ROAD E7
ODESSA ROAD E7
PEVENSEY ROAD E7
RAMSAY ROAD E7
TRUMPINGTON ROAD E7
THORPE ROAD E7
VANSITTART ROAD E7