LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1643708
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 2 March 2020 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Speed Limit) (20mph) (Stavordale Road Area) (No. 2) Order 2020;
(b) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 26) Order 2020; and
(c) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 26) Order 2020.
2. The general effect of the Orders will introduce a 20mph speed limit zone in Kelso Road, Kinloss Road, Lindores Road, Lovett Drive, Newstead Walk, Robertsbridge Road, between its junctions with Middleton Road and Wrythe Lane, St Benet's Grove and Stavordale Road.
3. Amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 to match conditions as they exist on site.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 16 March 2020 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday to Friday.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within
6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 5 March 2020
Issued by Mervyn Bartlett - Group Manager, Highways and Transport - London Borough of Sutton