ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (MARKHOUSE ROAD REGION) (RESURFACING WORKS) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (JT8(20))Notice ID: WAT1641417
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (MARKHOUSE ROAD REGION) (RESURFACING WORKS) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (JT8(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 5th March 2020 it made an Order to enable highway resurfacing to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed to prohibit vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose in the Markhouse Road and Boundary Road E17 region (except works vehicles).
2. Whilst the works are being carried out, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, in:
(a) Markhouse Road E17 between its junction with Lea Bridge Road and Samantha Close E17; and
(b) Boundary Road E17 between its junction with Markhouse Road and a distance of 60 metres from that said junction.
3. Vehicular access to properties affected by these temporary measures will be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
4. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
6. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
7. The Order will come into operation between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. (overnight works) from 9th March 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of *1 month or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all sections of Markhouse Road and Boundary Road but in a sequence as directed by the Council also to allow access and egress from adjoining roads. Signage will be placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes as necessary. The construction works during these road closures will be carried out overnight
"The duration of these works is intended to be for 5 evenings only, however, the Order has been extended in case of aborted works due to bad weather or other unforeseen constraints.
Dated 5th March 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS