ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1745176
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (EPSOM ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow a gas main replacement works to take place on Epsom Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or exiting Rutland Drive at its junction with Epsom Road;
(2) entering or exiting Elm Road West at its junction with Epsom Road;
(3) entering or exiting Holne Chase at its junction with Epsom Road;
(4) entering or exiting Rougemont Avenue at its junction with Epsom Road;
(5) stopping on the south-eastern kerb line of Epsom Road between Nos.15 to 113;
(6) stopping on the north-western kerb line of Epsom Road between its junctions with Rutland Drive and Rougemont Avenue;
(7) stopping on Rougemont Avenue between its junction with Epsom Road and No.1 Rougemont Avenue;
(8) stopping on Holne Chase between its junction with Epsom Road and Nos.1 a and 1 b Holne Close;
(9) stopping on Rutland Drive between its junction with Epsom Road and No.1 Rutland Drive;
(10) stopping on Elm Road West between its junction with Epsom Road and No.1 Elm Road West;
(11) performing a U-turn on Epsom Road at its junction with Rougemont Avenue;
(12) exceeding 20 MPH on Epsom Road between its junctions with Elm Road West and Rougemont Avenue.
The Order will be effective between 12:01 AM on 12th June 2020 and 6:00 PM on 18th August 2020 or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs.
Dated this 11th day of June 2020
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON I pQR LONDON