ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1755682
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (TOLWORTH RISE SOUTH, LONDON BOROUGH OF KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above-named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable water valve repair works to take place on the A3 Tolworth Rise South.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering or proceeding on the southbound off-slip from Tolworth Rise South to the A3 Kingston Bypass.
The Order will be effective each night between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM from 29th June 2020 until 1 st July 2020 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 )any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for
fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police
constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: (traffic travelling along Tolworth Rise South via Tolworth Roundabout and Kingston Bypass and then to normal route of travel).
Dated this 18th day of June 2020 Claire Wright
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ.