ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT1777892
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS REGIONS (E11 and E17) (RESURFACING AND HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION WORKS) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT17(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 9th July 2020 it made an Order to enable highway resurfacing and other related construction works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed to prohibit vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose in various roads situated between Queens Road E17 and Boundary Road E17; and a road in Leytonstone E11 (except works vehicles).
2. Whilst the works are being carried out, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time, in the roads or parts of roads mentioned in the Schedule of this notice:
3. Whilst the works are being carried out, one-way working and no-entry prohibitions will be temporarily suspended in the roads mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice.
4. Vehicular access to properties affected by these temporary measures will be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
5. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
7. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
3. The Order will come into operation from 9th July 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of 18 month or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out in all sections of the roads mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice or simultaneously but in a sequence as directed by the Council to allow access and egress from adjoining roads. Signage will be placed in advance of any works in these roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes as necessary. The outcome of the construction works will result in section closures of certain roads as per the prohibitions of The Waltham Forest (Prescribed Routes) (Markhouse region No.2) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 effective from 25th June 2020; and the provisions, or as the case may be, revision of existing traffic calming features.
Other roads adjoining the roads mentioned in this Notice will also be subject to various temporary traffic measures as set out in The Waltham Forest (Various Roads) (Structural Programme) (Road Closures) (No. 1) Order 2020
Dated 9th July 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
Chelmsford Road E17 Devonshire Road E17 Somerset Road E17 Wellesley Road E17 Woodriffe Road E11