ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) and (5)Notice ID: WAT1777879
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) and (5)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (Woodford New Road) (Cattle Grid Removal) (Road Closure) ORDER 2020 (TT19(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest in consultation with the London Borough of Redbrldge and Transport for London under its power as Traffic Authority for GLA Roads HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that It Intends on making an Order for a section of Woodford New Road (A104) to allow for highway reconstruction works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner (collapsed cattle grid).
2. This Order would continue the temporary prohibitions specified in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 section 14(2) Notice effective on 13th July 2020 for the works mentioned in paragraph 1 above.
3. The general effect of the Order would be to prohibit any vehicle to enter or proceed in Woodford New Road (A104) in its southbound carriageway "at any time" between the southern kerb line of Chelmsford Road E18 and the southern exit of the Waterworks Roundabout, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed
4. Vehicular access to properties affected by these temporary measures will be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
5. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 3 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
6. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
7. The Order would come into operation on Thursday 16th July 2020 and would be valid for a period of 18 months, or until the said works are concluded, whichever is the sooner.
Dated 9th July 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS