ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT1785784
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (BEULAH ROAD E17) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE) (NO.1) ORDER 2020 (TT20(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (the Council) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to allow for drainage works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to:
(a) prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in Beulah Road E17 between the common boundary of Nos. 50 and 52 Beulah Road and the common boundary of Nos. 54 and 56 Beulah Road; and
(b) prevent motor vehicles traveling:
a. southbound in the section of Beulah Road E17 north of its junction with Maynard Road E17; or
b. in Maynard Road E17 toward its junction with Beulah Road E17, to enter Beulah Road E17 immediately south of the southern kerb line of Maynard Road where entry to that section of Beulah Road is prohibited by a no-entry sign plate situated at its junction with Maynard Road.
3. Whilst this Order is in effect and only when regulatory signs are displayed the one-way operation and no-entry to vehicular traffic in Beulah Road E17, between its junctions with Maynard Road and Addison Road, would be suspended.
4. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
6. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
7. The Order would come into operation on 27* July 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of *3 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
3. In so far as any provision imposed by the Order conflicts or is inconsistent with any provision of any Order made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, in the London Borough of Waltham Forest the provisions of the intended Order shall prevail only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed in relation to the measures set out in this Order.
NOTE: Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned road which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary. "The works are anticipated for 12-days between 27/7/2020 and 7IB/2020 with the additional period allowed as backup dates in case of aborted works, or other unforeseen constraints.
Dated 16* July 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS