ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A406 GLA ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1799924
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A406 GLA ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable bridge maintenance works to take place on the A406 North Circular Road and Colney Hatch Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from: (1)entering or proceeding in an eastbound direction on North
Circular Road between the exit slip road to Colney Hatch Lane and the entry slip road from Colney Hatch Lane;
(2)entering or proceeding in a westbound direction on North Circular Road between the exit slip road to Colney Hatch Lane and the entry slip road from Colney Hatch Lane;
(3)entering, exiting or proceeding in a northbound direction on Colney Hatch Lane between Bobby Moore Way and Pinkham Way;
(4)entering, exiting or proceeding in a southbound direction on
Colney Hatch Lane between Atlas Road and Orion Road. Works will be phased such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time.
The eastern footway of Colney Hatch Lane, between the northern and southern slip roads will be closed and all pedestrian will be directed to use the footbridge to the west. The Order will be effective at certain times from 5:00 AM on the 1st September 2020 until 11:59 PM on the 31st December 2020 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 )any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for
fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a
police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: (for Colney Hatch Lane via Friern Barnet Road, Station Road, Bounds Green Road, Durnsford Road, Albert Road, Alexandra Park Road or reverse and then to normal route of travel, (for North Circular Road westbound closure via westbound exit slip to Colney Hatch Lane and westbound entry slip. North Circular Road and then to normal route of travel, (for North Circular Road eastbound closure via eastbound exit slip to Colney Hatch Lane, eastbound entry slip, North Circular Road and then to normal route of travel).
Dated this 30th day of July 2020 Claire Wright
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8N