FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF BUS GATE IN EXISTING WIDTH RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT1811686
FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF BUS GATE IN EXISTING WIDTH RESTRICTIONS
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 07855 761934.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Traffic Order 202* under sections 6, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to:
(a) revoke and introduce the width restrictions in Firs Lane at the same location but with the introduction of a bus gate.
3. A copy of the proposed Order, of a map indicating the locations and effects of the proposed Order, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Order and any other relevant documents can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the draft order, statement of reasons and plans cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alterative arrangements have been made:
a) The draft order, statement of reasons and plans can be inspected online at:
b) Copies of the draft order and plans can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing traffic@enfield.
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1443), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Order, or make any other representations in respect of it, should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1443, by 2 September 2020, or by e-mail to
6. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 12 August 2020
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation