ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (HOE STREET E17) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT11(20))Notice ID: WAT1818692
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (HOE STREET E17) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT11(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (the Council) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 20* August 2020 it made an Order to allow for crane removal works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in Hoe Street E17 between the north-west kerb line of Granville Road E17 and common boundary of Nos. 317 and 319 Hoe Street.
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
4. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
5. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder the use of that vehicle for that purpose; provided, that this exemption shall not apply if the vehicle is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
6. The Order will come into operation on 6'" September 2020 and would be valid for a maximum period of *6 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
7. In so far as any provision imposed by the Order conflicts or is inconsistent with any provision of any Order made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, in the London Borough of Waltham Forest the provisions of the intended Order shall prevail only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed in relation to the measures set out in this Order.
NOTE: Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned road which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary. The works are anticipated for 1-day between 05:00 to 21:00 on Sun 6/9 with Sun 13/9 & Sun 20/9 as backup dates in case of aborted works, or other unforeseen constraints.
Dated 20th August 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS