FOX LANE QUIETER NEIGHBOURHOOD AREANotice ID: WAT1826523
LONDON BOROUGH OF ENFIELD
FOX LANE QUIETER NEIGHBOURHOOD AREA
CONWAY ROAD N14, DERWENT ROAD N13, DEVONSHIRE ROAD N13, FOX LANE N13, GROVELANDS ROAD N13, LAKESIDE ROAD N13, ME AD WAY N14, OAKFIELD ROAD N14, OLD PARK ROAD N13, SELBORNE ROAD N14 AND THE MALL N14 - EXPERIMENTAL ROAD CLOSURES, LOADING BAY, "AT ANY TIME" WAITING RESTRICTIONS, REMOVAL OF PARKING SPACE AND SUSPENSION OF A ONE-WAY TRAFFIC SYSTEM
AMBERLEY ROAD N13, BOURNE AVENUE N14, BURFORD GARDENS N13, BUTTERY MEWS N14, CANNON ROAD N14, CAVERSHAM AVENUE N13, CONWAY ROAD N14, CRANLEY GARDENS N13, CROMIE CLOSE N13, CROTHALL CLOSE N13, DERWENT ROAD N13, DEVONSHIRE ROAD N13, DEVONSHIRE CLOSE N13, DOVEDON CLOSE N14, FOX LANE N13, FOXGROVE N14, GREENWAY N14, GROVELANDS ROAD N13, HARLECH ROAD N14, KERRY CLOSE N13, LAKESIDE ROAD N13, LUCERNE CLOSE N13, MEADWAY N14, NORMAN WAY N14, OAKFIELD ROAD N14, OLD PARK ROAD N13, PELLIPAR CLOSE N13, PARKWAY N14, RIDGEMEAD CLOSE N14. ST GEORGE'S ROAD N13, SELBORNE ROAD N14, THE MALL N14, THE RIDGEWAY N14, ULLESWATER ROAD N14 AND WESTLAKE CLOSE N13 - EXPERIMENTAL 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT
Further information may be obtained on the project page:
Alternatively, please email us on:email@example.com
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield on 26 August 2020 made the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. 6) Experimental Traffic Order 2020, the Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (No. 187) Experimental Traffic Order 2020, the Enfield (Goods Vehicles Loading Bay) (No. 5) Experimental Traffic Order 2020, the Enfield (Residents and Shared Use Parking Places) (Palmers Green) (No. 1) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 and the Enfield (20 m.p.h. Speed Limit) (No. 2) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 under sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The Orders will come into operation on 7 September 2020.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:
(1) close Fox Lane N13 to through motor traffic by prohibiting motor vehicles from entering that length of Fox Lane which lies between the common boundary of Nos. 7/8 and Nos. 9/10 The Walk, Fox Lane and a point 45 metres north-west of that common boundary (this will be achieved by placing planters on each side of the bridge over the railway);
(2) close Meadway N14 to through motor traffic by prohibiting north-eastbound motor vehicles from traveling further north-east, and south-westbound motor vehicles from traveling further south-west, than the common boundary of Nos. 53 and 55 Meadway;
(3) suspend the one-way traffic system in Devonshire Road N13;
(4) prohibit vehicles, except pedal cycles, from entering or leaving:-
(a) Conway Road N14, Derwent Road N13, Grovelands Road N13, Lakeside Road N13, Old Park Road N13, Selborne Road N14 and The Mall N14 at their junctions with Fox Lane N13;
(b) Devonshire Road N13 at its junction with Green Lanes N13; and
(c) Oakfield Road N14 at its junction with The Mall N14, by placing planters and bollards in these roads;
(5) introduce a loading bay in Meadway N14, outside Nos. 38 and 38A High Street, Southgate, that will operate between 7 am and 5 pm on every day during which time only goods vehicles being loaded or unloaded may park there for not more than 20 minutes at a time;
(6) remove the resident permit holder's parking place and parts of parking places situated in Devonshire Road N13 (a) adjacent to the side of No. 397 Green Lanes, (b) outside Nos. 29 and 31 and (c) outside Nos. 56 and 58, and replace them with waiting restrictions that operate "at any time";
(7) introduce waiting restrictions to operate "at any time" in (a) certain lengths of Conway Road N14, Derwent Road N13, Devonshire Road N13, Grovelands Road N13, Lakeside Road N13, Old Park Road N13, Selborne Road N14 and The Mall N14 by extending the double yellow lines at the junctions referred to sub-paragraphs (4)(a) and (4)(b) above, and (b) Meadway N14 outside Nos. 48 to 54 and Nos. 51 to 57 Meadway; and (c) Oakfield Road N14, near its junction with The Mall N14;
(8) introduce a 20 m.p.h. maximum speed limit on motor vehicles proceeding in Amberley Road N13, Bourne Avenue N14, Burford Gardens N13, Buttery Mews N14, Cannon Road N14, Caversham Avenue N13, Conway Road N14, Cranley Gardens N13, Cromie Close N13, Crothall Close N13, Derwent Road N13, Devonshire Road N13, Devonshire Close N13, Dovedon Close N14, Fox Lane N13, Foxgrove N14, Greenway N14, Grovelands Road N13, Harlech Road N14, Kerry Close N13, Lakeside Road N13, Lucerne Close N13, Meadway N14, Norman Way N14, Oakfield Road N14, Old Park Road N13, Pellipar Close N13, Parkway N14, Ridgemead Close N14. St George's Road N13, Selborne Road N14, The Mall N14, The Ridgeway N14, Ulleswater Road N14 and Westlake Close N13.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the experimental Orders, statement of reasons and plans cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
(a) the experimental Orders, statement of reasons and plans can be inspected online at:
(b) copies of the documents referred to above can also be obtained by emailing
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1451), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
These arrangements will apply until the experimental Orders cease to have effect.
4. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the experimental Orders should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Orders made under sections 6, 45, 46 and 84(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Orders, within a period of six months beginning with the date on which the experimental Orders come into operation or, if any of the Orders are varied by another Order or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the date on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification comes into force. Any such objection or any representation must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which any objection is made and be sent to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, or by e-mail to
quoting the reference TG52/1451.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press or to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 26 August 2020
David B Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation