WINCHESTER ROAD N9 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFICNotice ID: WAT1846627
WINCHESTER ROAD N9 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Highway Services on 020 8379 2039.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to facilitate essential utility works on Winchester Road N9, the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (Winchester Road N9) (Temporary Restriction of Traffic) Order 2020 under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit traffic from entering or proceeding on Winchester Road N9, between Durham Road and Wimborne Road, on a phased basis as and when directed by signage.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply to works vehicles or, if the works allow, to police or emergency services vehicles.
4. The prohibitions would come into operation between the hours of 8am-6pm on 28 September 2020 and would continue in force for approximately 6 weeks or until works are completed. Access would be maintained for residents only as far as the works allow.
5. Whilst the prohibitions remain in force, the diversion routes would be via;
- Phase one - Church Street N9, Church Lane, Wimbourne Lane, Winchester Road and vice versa.
- Phase two - Winchester Road,- Wimbourne Road, Church Lane, Church Street N9, Winchester Road, Durham Road, Chichester Road, Glastonbury Road, Winchester Road.
- Phase three - Winchester Road, Wimbourne Road, Church Lane N9, St Joans Road, Latymer Road Marlborough Road, and vice versa.
- Phase four - Winchester Road, Marlborough Road, Latymer Road, Lancing Garden, Winchester Road and vice versa.
- Phase five - Winchester Road, Lancing Gardens, Rugby Avenue, Harrow Drive and vice versa
- Phase six -Chichester Road, Glastonbury Road, Winchester Road, Chichester Road, Harrow Road,Rugby Road - Lancing Gardens Winchester Road.
Dated 16 September 2020
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation