INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN HOUSING ESTATE ROADS, AREAS, OR LAND BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES AND AMENDMENTS TO PREVIOUSLY APPROVED OR PROPOSED ARRANGEMENTS (batch 1 amendments)Notice ID: WAT1886715
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN HOUSING ESTATE ROADS, AREAS, OR LAND BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES AND AMENDMENTS TO PREVIOUSLY APPROVED OR PROPOSED ARRANGEMENTS (batch 1 amendments)
(NOTE: This Notice is about the introduction of enforcement, or amendment of areas to be enforced, of off-street areas, associated free parking places and on-street waiting and loading restrictions within the Council's housing estate roads, areas or land listed in the Schedules to this Notice.)
The Waltham Forest (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 2020 The Waltham Forest (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 2020
The Waltham Forest (Off-Street Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (hereinafter termed "the Council') propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 35, 45,46,49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA), as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to provide in the Council's housing estates:
a) On-street waiting restrictions, or, waiting and loading restrictions operating "at any time" on the roads specified in schedule 1 to this notice (in some cases this would involve extending lengths of existing double yellow lines or converting single yellow lines); and
b) Off-street restricted parking areas operating "at any time" specified in schedule 2 to this notice (areas where waiting or loading will be restricted to vehicles);
All to be enforced under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
This will enable the Council's Civil Enforcement Officers to enforce and, in respect of contraventions issue Penalty Charge Notices. In certain cases, vehicles that contravene the restrictions may be towed-away just as they might be on the public highway and in the Council's other car parks that are not in housing estates.
'Free parking places or individual free parking bays will be provided within the on-street and off-street areas within the restricted roads or areas mentioned in the Schedules to this Notice. Parking outside or incorrectly within the boundary of a parking bay or parking place would result in a contravention and the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice.
Outside of each free parking place or individual free parking bays in any roads or areas mentioned in the Schedules to this Notice will be marked by either double yellow lines, or instead of double yellow lines, sign plates at the entrance of these roads or areas stipulating that a 'Restricted Zone - no waiting' is in force. In some cases, the signs may be supplemented with 'except in marked bays' where parking is granted. With a restricted zone no double yellow lines will be on the ground.
Note: All "excepted' areas mentioned in the Schedules below will be marked-out free parking places or bays on the highway by means of white lines or other surface area demarcation.
3. The above measures are necessary to prevent parking and waiting where it could cause an obstruction, particularly to emergency services and refuse collection vehicles.
4. A copy of each of the Orders, the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders and measures can be inspected until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, on request by emailing traffic.
or online at:https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or to make any other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to; Traffic Orders, Highways and Traffic Management, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS, or by emailing: hannah.o'donnell@walthamforest,
quoting scheme reference T47(20) - LBWF housing estate access (batch 1 amendments ) by the end of a period of 21 days from the date on which this Notice is published. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
For more information please telephone 020 8496 3000, quoting reference Traffic Orders T47(20) - LBWF housing estate waiting restrictions (batch 1 amendments). Dated 22nd October 2020
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS.
SCHEDULE 1 - ON STREET ESTATE ROADS
LINNETT CLOSE E4 - all arms - from its junction with Larkshall Road to its northernmost extremity - the whole road - except for 29 perpendicular parking bays covering all inset areas set at 90 degrees to the carriageway; (north-east side) 6 metres of parallel parking opposite the rear of 22 Larkshall Crescent; (west side) 14 metres (2 spaces - existing disabled person's parking places) adjacent No. 1; and (south east, south-west and southern sides) between the double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at its junction with Larkshall Road and a point opposite the north-west facing wall of No. 33;
SCHEDULE 2 - OFF STREET ESTATE AREAS
40 ST MARY ROAD ESTATE (OFF ST MARY ROAD E17) - the whole area
- except for 3 bays (perpendicular parking) on the west side of No. 40 St Mary Road
LINNETT CLOSE E4 (section leading to Holland House) - the whole area
- except for 8 parking bays as designated (6 on the east side and 2 on the west side)