FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF BUS GATE IN EXISTING WIDTH RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT1932297
FIRS LANE N21 - INTRODUCTION OF BUS GATE IN EXISTING WIDTH RESTRICTIONS
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 07855 761934.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) have made the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. 9) Traffic Order 2020 under sections 6, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order which will come into operation on 7 December 2020 will be to revoke and introduce the width restrictions in Firs Lane at the same location but with the introduction of a bus gate.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the made order and plan cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alterative arrangements have been made:
a) The made order and plan can be inspected online at:
b) Copies of the made order and plan can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1443), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulation made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within six weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 2 December 2020
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation