ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (TRAFFIC CALMING WORKS) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT5(21))Notice ID: WAT2005279
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (TRAFFIC CALMING WORKS) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT5(2))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 18th February 2021 It made an Order to enable conversion of traffic calming cushions to humps and provision of other traffic calming measures to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed or, where applicable, covered -to prohibit vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose "at any time' in the roads or parts of roads mentioned in the Schedule of this notice.
3. Vehicular access to properties affected by these temporary measures will be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
4. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
6. During the works the one-way operation for Trelawn Road E10 will be temporarily suspended. Also, any one way working in the roads mentioned in the schedule to this notice or any road adjoining any road mentioned in the schedule to this notice will also be suspended.
7. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow).
8. The Order will come into operation from 18th February 2021 and would be valid for a maximum period of 18 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out in all roads, in all sections of roads, or simultaneously in all roads mentioned in this notice but in a sequence as directed by the Council to allow access and egress from adjoining roads or closures. Signage will be placed In advance of any works in these roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes as necessary. Construction works will be carried out during daytime or overnight.
Dated 18th February 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
- Avondale Road, E17
- Bisterne Avenue, E17
- Douglas Avenue, E17
- Fyfield Road, E17
- Guildsway E17
- James Lane, E10
- Keith Road, E17
- Lancaster Road, E11
- Lansdowne Road, E11
- Lyne Crescent, E17
- Malvern Road, E11
- Onra Road, E17
- Sansom Road, E11
- Trelawn Road, E10
- The Drive, E17
- Walthamstow Avenue
- Williams Avenue, E17