ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT2011791
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (SHRUBLAND ROAD E17- SEWAGE WORKS) (TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT9(21)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (the Council) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 25th February 2021 It made an Order to enable sewer repair works by Thames Water Utilities on a bridge over the railway in a safe and efficient manner in Shrubland Road E17.
2. The general effect of the Order, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed will be to temporarily prohibit traffic (except works vehicles) and restrict waiting and loading by vehicles on both sides of Shrubland Road E17, between the south-west kerb-line of Lome Road and its junction with Sylvan Road E17 (except for access to Exeter Road E17 and Shrubland Road (section between Sylvan Road and Exeter Road) via Sylvan Road E17.
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
4. Parking suspensions will be in force in the vicinity of the prohibitions mentioned in paragraph 2 above and will be indicated by traffic signs.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
6. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes.
7. The Order will come into operation on 1st March 2021 for 3 months*, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned road which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary. 'The works are anticipated to conclude by 26/3/2021 with the additional period allowed as backup dates in case of aborted works, or other unforeseen constraints.
Dated 25th February 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS