FARM ROAD N21 - EXPERIMENTALNotice ID: WAT2045217
FARM ROAD N21 - EXPERIMENTAL
WAITING RESTRICTIONS TO OPERATE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 10.30AM TO 11.30AM
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, on telephone number 020-8132 0988.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) have made:
a) the Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction)(Amendment No. 198) Experimental Traffic Order 2021 under sections 9 and 10 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended.
2. The general effect of the Traffic Order will be as an experiment to introduce:
a) new "Monday to Friday 10.30am to 11.30am" waiting restrictions in a certain length of the south-western side of Farm Road N21.
3. The Orders provides that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Head of Traffic and Transportation of the London Borough of Enfield may, if it appears essential for certain relevant purposes, modify or suspend the Order or any of its provisions.
4. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the notice, statement of reasons and plan cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
a) The Notice, statement of reasons and plan can be inspected online at:
b) Copies of the Notice and plan can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing
. ukor by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1459), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
5. Copies of the Order which will come into operation on 12th April 2021 may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
6. If the provisions of the Order continue in operation for a period of not less than 6 months, the Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be reproduced and continued in operation indefinitely by means of an Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984. Any person desiring to object to the making of such Order or make other representations may, within the period of 6 months from the coming into operation of the Order, or if the Order is subsequently varied or modified, from the coming into operation of that variation or modification (whichever is the latest), send a statement of their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation, in writing or by e-mail to
to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1459.
7. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
8. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulation made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within six weeks of the date on which the Order were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 31 March 2021
DAVID B. TAYLOR Head of Traffic and Transportation