ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 6 and 45 HIGHWAYS ACT 1980 - SECTIONS 90A AND 90CNotice ID: WAT2077520
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 6 and 45 HIGHWAYS ACT 1980 - SECTIONS 90A AND 90C
MINOR BATCH 4 2021 - S278 WORKS AGREEMENT, WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS, COPENHAGEN STYLE BLENDED CROSSING AT JUNCTION, CONTROLLED PARKING AMENDMENTS (T19(21)
The Waltham Forest (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 202* The Waltham Forest (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*
1. NOTICE IS GIVEN that the Council proposes to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6 and 45 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be:
a. in Larkshall Road (LK) E4 - west side - to convert part of a single yellow line waiting restriction to double yellow line "at any time" waiting and loading restrictions from the end/beginning point of the double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction opposite the common boundary of Nos. 402 and 404 LK northward to a point 18 metres north of the northern kerb line of Merriam Close E4;
b. in Merriam Close E4 - both sides - to convert single yellow line waiting restrictions to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions from its junction of Larkshall Road west for a distance of 5.5 metres; and
c. in Skeltons Lane (SK) E10 - northern side
i. extend a permit parking place for VFR permit holder only outside No. 6 SK eastwards to a point opposite the east wall of No. 9 SK
ii. remove the double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions immediately east of No. 4; and
iii. convert 2.8 metres of pay by phone parking space to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions from a point 11.5 metres east of a point opposite the east wall of No. 9 SK in an easterly direction.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council, in accordance with Sections 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980, the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations 1999 as amended, proposes to build a Copenhagen style blended crossing/raised entry/exit table at the Merriam Close/Larkshall Road E4 junction between their junction intersection and a point up to 6 metres westwards within Merriam Close;
NBI The Copenhagen style blended crossing would be an elevated section of carriageway, between 75 and 100 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway, or at an equal level with the surrounding pavement and extending across the full width of the carriageway, including the gradients (under section 90 of the Highways Act 1980). Parking on a Copenhagen styled crossing or on any raised section of highway above the existing highway is a contravention and is prohibited under section 86 of The Traffic Management Act 2004 (exceptions apply). All lengths mentioned In this Notice Include the gradients.
4. A copy of each of the Orders, the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders and measures can be inspected until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, on request by emailing
or online at:https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/road-traffic-schemes-and-consultations
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposals in item 2 above or to make any other representation with regards to the measures set out in item 3 above should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to; Traffic Orders, Highways and Traffic Management, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS, or by emailing:
quoting scheme reference T19(21) - Minor batch 4 - 2021 - s278 misc. parking, no waiting or loading and traffic calming by the end of a period of 21 days from the date on which this Notice is published. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
For more information please telephone 020 8496 3000 quoting reference Traffic Orders - T19(21) - Minor batch 4 - 2021 - s278 misc. parking, no waiting or loading and traffic calming
Dated 6th May 2021
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS