NOTICE OF DESIGNATIONS OF AREAS FOR SELECTIVE LICENSINGNotice ID: WAT2107941
London Borough of Enfield NOTICE OF DESIGNATIONS OF AREAS FOR SELECTIVE LICENSING
Section 80 Housing Act 2004
The London Borough of Enfield Designations of Areas for Selective Licensing 2021.
The London Borough of Enfield in exercise of its powers under section 80 of the Housing Act 2004 ("the Act") hereby designates for selective licensing the areas described in paragraph 4.
CITATION, COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION
1. This Designation shall be known as the London Borough of Enfield Designations for Areas for Selective Licensing 2021. All privately rented residential accommodation situated within the designated areas must be licensed with the Council unless subject to statutory exemption as set out in paragraph 5.
2. The Designations have been made on 18 May 2021. The Designations fall within a description of designations for which confirmation is required by Secretary of State. On 18 May 2021 the Secretary of State confirmed the Designations, and the Designations shall come into force on 1 September 2021.
3. The Designations shall cease to have effect on 31 August 2026 (not more than 5 years) or earlier if the Council revokes the scheme under section 84 of the Act. '
AREAS TO WHICH THE DESIGNATION APPLIES
4. This Designation shall apply to the following areas of the London Borough of Enfield. Designation One is delineated and edged in red on the map, and Designation Two is delineated and edged in blue on the map in Annex A.
Edmonton Green Enfield Highway Enfield Lock Haselbury Jubilee
Lower Edmonton Palmers Green Ponders End Southbury Southgate Green Turkey Street Upper Edmonton.
APPLICATION OF THE DESIGNATION
5(a) This designation applies to any house1 which is let or occupied under a single tenancy or 2 or more tenancies or licences in respect of different dwellings contained in it within the area described in paragraph 4 unless: the house is a house in multiple occupation [HMO] that falls within the nationally prescribed category of HMO that is required to be licensed as a 'mandatory HMO' under section 55(2)(a) Part 2 of the Act2;
(b) the house is a house in multiple occupation that falls within the prescribed category of HMO that is required to be licensed under the London Borough of Enfield Designation of an Area for Additional Licensing of Houses of Multiple Occupation 2020 made on 22 January 2020 under Section 56 of the Housing Act 20043;
(c) the tenancy or licence of the house has been granted by a registered social landlord4;
(d) the house is subject to an Interim or Final Management Order under Part 4 of the Act;
(e) the house is subject to a temporary exemption under section 86 of the Act; or
(f) the house is occupied under a tenancy or licence which is exempt under the Act or the occupation is of a building or part of a building so exempt as defined in Paragraph 5(f): Exempted tenancies or licences, Selective Licensing of Houses (Specified Exemptions) (England) Order 2006 SI 370/2006.
EFFECT OF THE DESIGNATION
6. Subject to sub paragraphs 5(a) to (f) every house in the area specified in paragraph 4 that is occupied under a tenancy or licence shall be required to be licensed under section 85 of the Act.5
7. The London Borough of Enfield will comply with the notification requirements contained in section 83 of the Act and shall maintain a register of all houses registered under this designation, as required under section 232 of the Act.8 M