HIGH STREET EN3 - TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFICNotice ID: WAT2141922
HIGH STREET EN3 - TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Traffic & Transportation on 020 8379 2039.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to facilitate essential utility works on High Street EN3, the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (High Street EN3) (No.4)(Temporary Restriction of Traffic & Cyclists) Order 2021 under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The effect of the Order would be to prohibit cyclists and pedestrians from entering or proceeding on the northbound footway and cycle lane on High Street EN3, between its junctions with Southfield Road and Northfield Road, as and when directed by signage.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply to works vehicles or, if the works allow, to police or emergency services vehicles.
4. The prohibitions would come into operation on 26 July 2021 and would continue in force for 1 day or until works are completed.
5. Whilst the prohibitions for the cycle lane are in force, cyclists will be required to dismount and walk or use the main carriageway to cycle.
Dated 14 July 2021
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation