ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT2181178
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (WATER AND GAS MAINS REPLACEMENT) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 5) ORDER 2021 (TT27(21))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to enable Thames Water and Cadent Gas mains replacement works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in the roads mentioned in the Schedule of this Notice:
3. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or load for any purpose, at any time, within 20 metres of the junction of any road adjoining the roads mentioned in the Schedule of this Notice.
4. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in item 2 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
5. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed any one-way working or no-entry prohibitions in any roads or parts of roads mentioned in the Schedule of this Notice would be temporarily suspended.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of the Order would be removed.
7. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow)
8. The Order would come into operation on 9th September 2021 and would be valid for a maximum period of 18 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner (this applies to all roads mentioned in the Schedule and allows for unforeseen constraints which may abort works until a future time).
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. 'Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the effects and of any temporary traffic management as necessary.
Dated 26* August 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
BULWER COURT ROAD, CLARENDON ROAD, FAIRLOP ROAD, GROVE GREEN ROAD, HAINAULT ROAD, LYTTON ROAD, QUEENS ROAD AND WALLWOOD ROAD,
GREENLEAF ROAD, MARTEN ROAD, WARNER ROAD
AINSLIE WOOD ROAD, ALBERT AVENUE, ALDRICHE WAY, BLUEHOUSE ROAD, FALMOUTH AVENUE, FIELD CLOSE, FRANCES ROAD, HANDSWORTH AVENUE, LONGSHAW ROAD, ROLLS PARK AVENUE, ST LEONARDS AVENUE UNDERWOOD ROAD, WAVERLEY AVENUE, WITHY MEAD,
(All post codes)
HALE END ROAD AND JAMES LANE