ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (MANSFIELD AREA 20 M.P.H. ZONE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT29(21))Notice ID: WAT2193857
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (MANSFIELD AREA 20 M.P.H. ZONE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT29(21))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to enable highway works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The effect of the Order would be to temporarily prohibit all vehicles from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading/unloading for any purpose, at any time:
(a) in any road or length of road specified in the Schedule to this Notice; and
(b) in any other road adjoining any road or length of road referred to in the Schedule within a distance of 30 metres from its junction with that respective road mentioned in the Schedule.
3. The prohibitions and restrictions referred to in paragraph 2 of this Notice would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of the appropriate traffic signs and would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used in connection with the said works or for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes.
4. Vehicular access to properties affected by the works would be maintained wherever possible, subject to the extent and operation of the closures.
5. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 of this Notice remain in force, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by traffic signs.
6. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of the Order would be removed.
7. The Order would come into force on 7th October 2021 and would continue in force for a maximum period of 18 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Signage would be placed in advance of any works in the affected roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the prohibitions, effects of any temporary traffic management and diversion routes, as necessary. The works would be carried out both during the day time and overnight.
Dated 9th September 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
CHINGFORD MOUNT ROAD – between its junction with New Road and the common boundary of Nos. 264 and 266 Chingford Mount Road
DOVE HOUSE GARDENS
LEA VALLEY ROAD – between its junction with Sewardstone Road and the borough boundary with Enfield
LOW HALL CLOSE
MOUNT ECHO AVENUE
MOUNT ECHO DRIVE
OLD CHURCH ROAD
SEWARDSTONE ROAD – all which lies south of the northern kerb line of Lea Valley Road
ST CATHERINES ROAD
ST EGBERTS WAY
WALTHAM WAY – between the south-west kerb line of Mansfield Hill south-west for a distance of 10 metres