ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (STREET LIGHTING) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION ON WAITING AND LOADING) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021Notice ID: WAT2193847
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (STREET LIGHTING) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION ON WAITING AND LOADING) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making an Order to allow for the installation and removal of street lighting by Riney Street Lighting LTD in a safe and efficient manner in various roads and footpaths in the E4 post code region (TT28(21)).
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to restrict:
(a) vehicles from waiting or loading for any purpose in the roads or parts of roads mentioned in Schedule 1 to this Notice between 08:00 hrs and 16:00hrs Mondays to Fridays; or
(b) pedestrians from entering and proceeding in any footpaths mentioned in Schedule 2 to this Notice between 08:00 hrs and 16:00hrs Mondays to Fridays:
3. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
4. Whilst the restrictions referred to in paragraph 2(b) above remain in force, alternative routes for pedestrians would be indicated by traffic signs.
5. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used, or as the case may be, pedestrian involved:
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency.
5. The Order would come into operation on 24th September 2021 for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the roads or footpaths mentioned in this notice which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management.
Dated 9th September 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Residents Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
Schedule 1 (All Roads E4)
Old Church Road
St Johns Road
Schedule 2 (All Footpaths E4)
Footpath between Brook Crescent and Old Church Road
Footpath between Marmion Close and Marmion Avenue
Footpath between Hall Lane and York Road