ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) -(TT11(21)). THE WALTHAM FOREST (HOWARD ROAD AND FOREST ROAD E17) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021Notice ID: WAT2193878
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) -(TT11(21)).
THE WALTHAM FOREST (HOWARD ROAD AND FOREST ROAD E17) (ROAD CLOSURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it proposes to make an Order to allow for the installation of a raised junction entry treatment known as a Copenhagen style crossing in Howard Road E17 and resurfacing works in a section of Forest Road E17 in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order would be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit any vehicle from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in:
(a) Howard Road E17 - within a distance of 20 metres of its junction with Forest Road E17; and
(b) Forest Road E17 - between Gaywood Road and Falmer Road.
3. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
4. Where appropriate, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by local signage.
5. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow)
6. The Order would come into operation on 24th September 2021 for a period of 3 months, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: Signage will be placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary. Forest Road E17 works will be as follows: Phase 1 - between Hoe Street and Gaywood Road (estimated 3 nights) & Phase 2 between Hoe Street and Falmer Avenue (estimated 2 nights) to be carried out overnight from 8pm to 6pm for 5 nights from 5th October 2021.
Dated 9th September 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS