ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 9 AND 10 EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDERS WOOD STREET E17, PALMERSTON ROAD E17 AND HIGH ROAD E11 REDUCTION OF FOOTWAY CASHLESS (PAY BY PHONE), 'WSN' PERMIT HOLDERS PARKING PLACES AND LOADING SPACENotice ID: WAT2193884
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 9 AND 10 EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDERS
WOOD STREET E17, PALMERSTON ROAD E17 AND HIGH ROAD E11
REDUCTION OF FOOTWAY CASHLESS (PAY BY PHONE), ‘WSN’ PERMIT HOLDERS PARKING PLACES AND LOADING SPACE – (T30abc(21))
The Waltham Forest (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 96) Experimental Order 2021
The Waltham Forest (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 95) Experimental Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest on 9th September 2021 made the above-mentioned Order under sections 9, 10 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended. The Orders will come into force from 16th September 2021 and may continue in force for up to 18 months.
2. The general effect of the experimental Orders will be:-
(a) In Wood Street (WD) E17 – west side, to,
i. reduce cashless parking space (Pay by Phone) (herein after called “PbyP”) by 3 metres outside No. 68 WD; and
ii. remove a PbyP parking place between Nos. 72 to 74 WD.
(b) In Wood Street (WD) E17 – east side, to
i. remove a loading place outside Nos. 199 WD;
ii. remove PbyP parking places: (1) between Nos. 201 to 205 WD; (2) between Nos. 207 and 209 WD; and between Nos. 237 and 241 WD; and
iii. remove a ‘WSN’ permit CPZ parking place outside No. 235 WD;
(c) In Palmerston Road (PL) E17 – east side, to
i. relocate part-footway PbyP parking places to be fully on the carriageway, in the following locations: (1) between Nos. 80 and 98 PL; (2) outside No. 78 PL
ii. remove part-footway PbyP parking places and replace with double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions in the following locations: (1) between Nos. 108 and 118 PL; (2) outside Nos. 104 and 106 PL; and (3) 136A to 142 PL;
iii. convert single yellow line waiting restrictions to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions (1) between Nos. 78 and 80 PL and (2) Nos. 106 and 108 PL;
iv. remove 2 x permit parking places and replace with single yellow line waiting restriction operating Mon-Sat 8am to 6.30pm: (1) outside No. 54 and (2) outside Nos. 58 to 62
(d) In Palmerston Road (PL) E17 – west side, to
i. remove free part-footway parking places and replace with double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions in the following locations: (1) between Nos. 11 and 29 PL; (2) outside Nos. 53 and 63 PL; and (3) between Nos. 73 and 79 PL
ii. remove a section of free part-footway parking space between Nos. 31 and 37 PL; and
iii. convert single yellow line waiting restrictions to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions between Nos. 17 and 19 PL
(e) in Walpole Road E17 - north-west side – remove 5 metres of single yellow line waiting restriction outside the flank wall of No. 43A PL and extend an existing PbyP parking place outside No. 43B north-eastward by 5 metres;
(f) In High Road, Leytonstone E11 (HRL) – north-west and west sides
i. Reduce full-footway PbyP parking space by (1) 3.5 metres outside Nos. 885 to 889 HRL; (2) between Nos. 773 (the northern end of the bicycle parking area) and the common boundary of Nos. 781 and 783 HRL;
ii. Remove a disabled persons parking place outside Nos. 753 and 755 HRL;
iii. Remove 2 x PbyP parking places outside (1) Nos. 749 to 751 HRL and (2) outside Nos. 743 to 747 HRL
iv. Remove an unregulated full footway parking place outside Nos. 1 to 14 Marine Court, HRL
(g) In High Road, Leytonstone E11 (HRL) – south-east side
i. Reduce 2 x loading places (1) outside No. 670 by 9.5 metres and (2) outside Nos. 650 to 658 by 16.5 metres and replace with no waiting or loading “at any time” (restricted zone area – no markings);
ii. Relocate 2.5 metres of a disabled persons parking place outside Nos. 666 and 668 HRL (its northern end) to its southern end outside No. 666 displacing 2.5 metres of
iii. Convert 2.5 metres of loading space to accommodate relocated disabled persons parking space as mentioned in 2(g)ii. above outside No. 666 HRL
(h) in Barclay Road E11 - north side – convert a permit holders only parking place to PbyP parking operating Mon-Fri 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm with an initial 15 minutes free stay or PbyP with maximum stay of 3 hours and no return in 3 hours (see charges below) outside the flank wall of Nos. 616 and 618 HRL
Parking Period Pay by phone Voucher Scheme
up to 15 minutes free free
30 minutes £1.30 £2.00
1 hour £2.30 £4
1 hour and 30 minutes £3.60 n/a
3 hours £4.00 £5.00
3. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the experimental Traffic Orders can be inspected on request by either emailing email@example.com, or visiting the Highways and Traffic Management office, Low Hall. Argall Avenue E10 7AS during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive (*by appointment); from 9th September 2021; or alternatively documents can be viewed online at: https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/road-traffic-schemes-and-consultations.
4. Where it appears necessary for certain purposes, an authorised officer of the Council may, in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, modify or suspend any provision of the experimental Traffic Orders while they are in force.
5. The Council will be considering in due course whether the provisions of the experimental Traffic Orders should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Traffic Orders made under sections 6, 45, 46 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Orders for the purpose of such indefinite continuation within a period of six months beginning with the day on which the experimental Orders come into force or, if the Orders are varied by another Order or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the day on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification came into force. Any such objection must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to Traffic Orders, Highways, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS, or by emailing: traffic.Scheme@walthamforest.gov.uk quoting reference T30a(21) – Wood Street, T30b(21) Palmerston Road or T30c(21) High Road, E11 ETO. Any objection may be communicated to, or be seen by, other persons who may be affected.
6. If any person wishes to question the validity of any the Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
*For more information please telephone 020 8496 3000, quoting reference Traffic Orders T30a(21) – Wood Street, T30b(21) Palmerston Road or T30c(21) High Road, E11 ETO
Dated 9th September 2021
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS