ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (RIGHT HAND TURN PROHIBITION) (FUEL ESTABLISHMENTS) ORDER 2021 (TT33b(21))Notice ID: WAT2220442
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS) (RIGHT HAND TURN PROHIBITION) (FUEL ESTABLISHMENTS) ORDER 2021 (TT33b(21))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 7th October 2021 it made an Order to temporarily prohibit traffic (except goods vehicles) only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed in the interests of safety, clear passage for emergency service vehicles and to prevent other potential danger to the public due to possible congestion.
2. This Order will continue the prohibitions and suspension set out in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 section 14(2) Notice issued on 27th September 2021 for the reasons mentioned in item 1 above.
3. Whilst this Order remains in force and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause any vehicle to turn right "at any time" into any petrol station establishment situated beside any road mentioned in the Schedule of this Notice in the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
4. Whilst this Order remains in force and to such extent as regulatory signs are covered, the section of bus lane situated on the south-west bound carriageway of Lea Bridge Road between Morieux Road and Perth Road will be suspended.
5. The prohibition mentioned in item 2 above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the servicing, cleansing, or maintenance of any petrol station establishment;
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes,
(c) a pedal cycle; and
(d) a heavy goods vehicle with its load providing either petroleum, or other goods and services entering a petrol station
6. The Order will come into operation on Saturday 12th October 2021 and will be valid for a period of 18 months, or until the Council is satisfied that any potential danger to the public due to congestion has passed and that it has removed regulatory traffic signs banning right turn movements or suspending the operation of bus lanes, whichever is the sooner.
Dated 7th October 2021
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
Schedule (of roads where a right turn ban applies into any petrol station beside the said road)
Blackhorse Lane E17, Forest Road E17, Hatch Lane E4, Hall Lane E4, High Road, E10, High Road, E11, Hoe Street E17, Larkshall Road E4, Lea Bridge Road E17 and E10, Lea Valley Road E4, Llndley Road E10, Lynn Road E11, Markhouse Road E17, Sewardstone Road E4 and Woodford New Road IG8