Transport for LondonNotice ID: SUT0307824
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A316 GLA ROAD (LICENSING ACT 2003 NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR A PREMISES LICENCEBOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Twickenham Road/ The Avenue.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding in an easterly direction on The Avenue/ Twickenham Road between its junctions with St Margaret's Roundabout and Richmond Circus;
(2) entering, exiting or proceeding in a westerly direction on Twickenham Road/ The Avenue between its junctions with Richmond Circus and St Margaret's Roundabout.
Local access will be maintained. At certain times, pedestrian crossings will be closed and marshals on site to assist pedestrians. The Order will be effective at certain times between 23rd September 2017 and 23rd March 2018 every Sunday to Thursday night from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM (ceasing 5:00 AM Friday) or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via London Road, Twickenham Road, Spur Road, Great West Road, Chiswick High Road, Kew Bridge, Kew Road and reverse to normal direction of traffic.
Dated this 22nd day of September 2017
Network Impact Management Team Manager,
Impact Management Team Manager,
Rood Space Management - Operations, Transport for London
Operations, Transport for London
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON