ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0460176
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A316 GLA ROADS (TWICKENHAM ROAD AND GREAT CHERTSEY ROAD) (LONDON BOROUGHS OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES AND HOUNSLOW) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable joint replacement works and carriageway resurfacing on the bridge over the River Crane.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding in a westerly direction on A316 Twickenham Road and Great Chertsey Road between its junctions with the Hospital Bridge Road Roundabout and the Apex Corner Roundabout;
(2) entering, exiting or proceeding in a easterly direction on Twickenham Road and Great Chertsey Road between its junctions with the unnamed eastbound off-slip road connecting it to Apex Corner Roundabout and Hospital Bridge Road Roundabout;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on the unnamed eastbound on-slip road connecting Apex Corner Roundabout with the A316 Great Chertsey Road;
(4) entering, exiting or proceeding on the unnamed on-slip road connecting the westbound carriageway of the A316 Great Chertsey Road with Apex Corner Roundabout.
Between 19th February 2018 and 19th May 2018 each nights, Monday to Saturday from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM or until the works have been completed, whichever is sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) Any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) Anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via:Hospital Bridge Road (southbound), A305 Staines Road (westbound), Apex Corner Roundabout, Twickenham Road (westbound) or reverse to normal route of traffic.
Dated this 16th day of February 2018 Glynn Barton
Director, Network Management Transport for London
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ MAYOR OF LONDON
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON