Family of the 14-year-old stabbing victim have spoken out about the murder.

The family including Jaden's cousin Leon Green and mum Jada Bailey gave a statement at the crime scene near Leyton today. 

They were keen to stress he had no affiliation with gangs and had only recently moved to the area from Nottingham.

Mr Green said: "Jaden was a boy who had so many hopes and dreams.

"He had a keen interest in all kinds of bikes and loved learning how to fix them.

"He also loved sports and was due to start at a boxing academy this month.

"His character was infectious and anyone who met him fell in love with his charm.

"He had a huge heart and would do anything for anyone, especially his family.

"He will be sincerely missed.

"Jaden was a 14-year-old minor who had his whole life ahead of him, which should never have been viciously taken from him.

"It was very distressing that the majority of reports about Jaden have mentioned London gangs.

"I would like to stress that Jaden had recently moved from Nottingham to London and had absolutely no affiliation with gangs.

"The focus needs to be on the fact that he has been brutally murdered in cold blood and deserves a fair chance at justice as well as anyone else in this situation.

"If there are people in our streets capable of killing a 14-year-old child then no-one is safe and they need to be caught and brought to justice.

"If anyone has any information about the incident please come forward and help us get justice for Jaden because no-one deserves to die in that horrific way.

"We take this opportunity to ask people to respect our families privacy at this difficult time.

"Thank you everyone and god bless."

Jaden Moodie was killed on Tuesday in Bickley Road, near Leyton.

Officers remained at the scene of the fatal stabbing in Bickley Road, near Leyton throughout Wednesday.

The Met say Jaden had been riding along Bickley Road at 6.30pm on a moped when it was involved in a collision with a car, believed to be a black Mercedes B Class.

Three men then jumped out of the car and stabbed him before they got back into the vehicle and fled.

He sustained stab injuries and despite paramedics’ efforts, was pronounced dead at 7.09pm.