A man who was jailed for brutally attacking his ex-girlfriend after discovering he was cheating could be released from prison.

Jak Kosta, 32, of no fixed address, was sentenced for 15 months for causing actual bodily harm and criminal damage on Wednesday, June 12.

He pleaded guilty to the offences and was also made subject of a ten-year restraining order.

His former partner, Emma Bignall 30, from Loughton, sustained numerous facial injuries on Sunday, December 16 2018.

She suffered numerous facial injuries including a black left eye, bruising around the right eye and ear, a cut to the bridge of her nose and bruising to her body.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

The mother-of-one now suffers with the trauma and physical pain from the abuse, and fears her life if Kosta was to be released as early as October.

Ms Bingall said: “I was attacked after becoming suspicious about Jak’s behaviour and confronting him about what I had seen on his phone.

“I was then subjected to a brutal and violent attack for over two hours.

"He kicked, punched and dragged me by my hair from one room to the next and I remember how he head butted me several times to the face.

“I passed out from the pain and woke finding him stroking my face in what I found to be in a creepy and possessive manner."

The former couple were together for four months, meeting each other through dating app Tinder in August 2018 with Kosta moving in Ms Bingall's home a month later.

After discovering that Kosta had been having sexual relationships and messaging other women through his mobile phone, Ms Bingall confronted him.

After telling him that the relationship was over, Kosta began punching walls in the home and damaged items before headbutting her and stripping her naked.

Fearing she may be harmed, Ms Bignall tried calling a friend but this call went to an answerphone, the message left helped record the attack.

After suffering two hours of being brutally attacked, Ms Bingall's call for for help her eventually answered by a neighbour who heard her screams.

Essex Police arrived at the scene at around 5.30am.

She said: "If my neighbour hadn’t called the police, I honestly believe I would have subjected to an even more sustained attack with severe consequences."