The picture at the top of this page is of the Bull & Crown in 1895.

Referred to by locals as the ‘Town Hall’, it became the hub of Chingford Green.

The adjoining shop was the home of George Bartrip, first Parish clerk and carrier.

It was replaced in 1899 by the present building on a much larger scale.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

This is how it looks today - it is now a restaurant.

More information about Chingford Histoical Society is available via this link to their website.