Pictured above is a rural view of Inks Green Farm on Hale End Road (now Larkshall Road) in Chingford from c1910.

The farm was later known as Roper’s Farm after the family who later lived there.

In 1922 there were still a dozen working farms in Chingford.

With increasing pressure for housing, even Inks Green Farm fell to developers by 1960.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

A view of the scene today

Fortunately, the borough held around 200 acres for amenity space including Larkswood Park that was part of the farm land.

To find out more about Chingford Historical Society via their website at www.chingfordhistory.org.uk.