The picture at the top of this page shows Augusta Villas, in Loughton High Road around 1905.

Loughton Tea Garden was run by Mr & Mrs E Adams who provided much-needed refreshments for the visitors to the forest at the turn of the 20th Century.

The general store also offered picnic baskets for a shilling and cut flowers.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

How the houses look today

It was converted back to a dwelling many years later.

Follow Gary Stone on Instagram @loughtonhistory