A quiet rural view of Old Church Road looking south towards Chingford Mount c1925.

With All Saints (the Old Church) graveyard on the right, Priory Avenue does not appear beyond until 1931.

Note the old style telegraph poles lining the road to serve those wanting the early telephone service into their homes and businesses.

The first public payphone kiosk was introduced in 1921.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

How the road looks today

Follow Gary Stone on Instagram @chingfordhistorical