An early tricycle is pictured being paraded on Epping High street c1905.

Invented in the late 1800s, these petrol vehicles could reach up to 10mph.

The old water fountain can be seen in the distance and on the far left is the Duke of York public house.

It was demolished in 1931 to make way for the bank.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

Follow Gary Stone on Twitter @eppinghistory