It’s the summer of 1949 at the bus terminus outside The Royal Forest Hotel.

Day trippers would flock to Chingford in their thousands to enjoy Epping Forest and the surrounding area.

In 1967 the terminus was moved to the former coaling yard next to Chingford station following electrification of the line.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

Cars have replaced buses outside the hotel today

Follow Gary Stone on Instagram @chingfordhistorical