Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Chingford c1915. This is thought to have been built by Loughton architect Edmond Egan around 1900 to replace the previous inn (far left) dating back to at least 1862 when it was occupied by beer retailer, Joseph Long.

East London and West Essex Guardian Series:

Today the old stables are in jeopardy due to possible demolition in favour of housing.

Find out more about Chingford Historical Society at their website www.chingfordhistory.org.uk