Waltham Forest’s struggles in the Essex Senior League Premier Division continued as they went down to a 3-0 defeat against Enfield 1893.

The defeat leaves them 19th in the table, with just three wins from their 15 games to date so far this season.

Forest were second best throughout and went behind to Josh Sykes’ 21st minute opener, before further strikes from Matt Thoma and Carl Mullings completed their misery.

At the time of going to press Forest were preparing to play Basildon United on Wednesday evening. They follow that game with an away clash against Ilford on Saturday.

Wadham Lodge experienced similar issues as they were beaten 2-0 by Southend Manor.

The game came to life in its closing stages, thanks largely to the exploits of Bayley Newell.

He notched his first with 20 minutes to play and added a second soon after to send Lodge to defeat.

Lodge remain rooted to the foot of the table by virtue of the result and will hope for better when they face Ilford on Friday night.

Isaac Marfo was the hero for West Essex as he notched the only goal of the game to help his side down Stansted.

His strike came on the cusp of the hour mark after he cut inside and found the bottom corner.

Having seen their eight game unbeaten run come to an end last Tuesday, Redbridge were frustrated once again on Saturday.

They took on Ilford in the Errington Challenge Cup First round and suffered a 3-1 loss despite starting the game strongly.

Indeed, Redbridge were ahead after 10 minutes when Joshua Hutchinson scored.

Ilford soon took over and were 2-1 up before half-time thanks to James Peargram’s brace, the second of which coming from the spot.

A tight second period followed, but Isaiah Anjourin put the game to bed with three minutes to play by making it 3-1.

A late strike was enough to give Waltham Abbey a share of the spoils in their Isthmian League North Division clash with Barking.

The game was defined by goals in the early and late stages as Barking flew into a fourth minute lead thanks to Dan Gilchrist’s strike.

Their advantage lasted just eight minutes, however, as Darrelle Russell hit back for the home side.

A tight game looked to have swung the way of Barking as the game reached it’s climax when Gilchrist once again breached the Abbey defence with 10 minutes to play.

However, Steve Sylvester-Ajudua hit back for Abbey to restore parity and ensure the points were shared.

Abbey are back in FA Trophy action on Saturday when they take on Dulwich Hamlet at home.