Leyton Orient and Stevenage played out a goalless draw in their League Two encounter at the Breyer Group Stadium.

Orient found Boro keeper Paul Farman in fine form, with his double save at the start of the second half, denying Conor Wilkinson and Lee Angol, the pick of the bunch.

Ross Embleton made three changes to the side that went out of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, restoring Sam Ling, James Brophy and Wilkinson to the team in place of Myles Judd, Dale Gorman and Louis Dennis.

Orient created the first opportunity of the game after just two minutes when Dean Brill’s wonderful goal kick found Angol, but he saw his effort blocked by Scott Cuthbert.

The Stevenage defender went down following the incident but continued after treatment, however there was still an early change for the visitors went Terence Vancooten was replaced by Luis Fernandez due to injury.

Orient were looking the more dangerous side and came close again inside the opening 10 minutes when Brophy cut inside from the right and fired across goal, but the shot flashed wide of the far post.

Wilkinson was the next to go for goal, but he found Paul Farman in good form to make the save, as did Josh Wright when he almost rounded off an excellent team move, only to be thwarted by the Stevenage keeper.

Despite the one-way pressure, Stevenage were momentarily given some hope when referee Lee Swabey pointed to the spot after Dan Happe’s foul, but after some consultation with his assistant, the decision was overturned and a corner given instead.

Stevenage were then forced into another change before the half-time whistle as Cuthbert went down again, leaving them with just one remaining substitute for over half of the game.

A quiet start to the second half almost exploded into life but Orient found Farman in the way again. Firstly he kept out Wilkinson with his legs and then produced a stunning save to deny Angol on the rebound.

Neither side found chances easy to come by in the second period, with a lot of the game being played in midfield. Orient seemed to lack the impetus they had in the first half and the introduction of Louis Dennis to the attacking line did little to change that.

In a final attempt to steal all three points, substitute Dale Gorman tried his luck from distance and his swerving effort looked to be heading for the top corner before Farman palmed away. Penalty claims for the O’s were then waved away by Swabey after a push in the area.

It was, though, Stevenage who had the final chance of the game right at the death, but Brill got down excellently to deny Danny Newton on the volley.

That proved to be the final chance, and Orient now prepare for Tuesday's trip to Mansfield Town - kick-off at 7.45pm.


Orient team: Brill; Ling, Ekpiteta, Coulson, Happe, Widdowson; Clay, Wright; Brophy; Wilkinson, Angol

Subs: Sargeant, Gorman, Maguire-Drew, Judd, Dennis, Harrold, Alabi