Leyton Orient came from behind to beat Walsall 3-1 at the Breyer Group Stadium and secure back-to-back wins in the league for the first time this season.

Stuart Sinclair gave the visitors the lead in the first half, but second-half strikes from Joe Widdowson, Matt Harrold and Conor Wilkinson secured the point for the O’s, before the latter saw red for an off the ball incident.

Ross Embleton reverted to a more recognisable line-up following Tuesday’s Leasing.com Trophy defeat to AFC Wimbledon, with the majority of the first-teamers returning to the fold.

Walsall were putting on all the pressure in the opening minutes and were particularly effective down their left, forcing Josh Coulson into a number of clearances, while Orient forced a good opportunity of their own when Liam Robert dropped James Brophy’s deflected cross. He was, however, awarded a free-kick before the danger could come to anything.

The O’s had the first real chance of the game when Dale Gorman was tripped on the edge of the area after some good trickery. Josh Wright took the free-kick but curled it just the wrong side of the post - close enough to fool some supporters into thinking it had crept in.

Perhaps slightly against the run of play, the visitors took the lead on 21 minutes. The dangerous Wesley McDonald sent a low cross in from the left that Dean Brill could only palm away, and at the second attempt, Sinclair poked past the three Orient players standing on the line.

Almost immediately after, the O’s thought they had levelled when Craig Clay fed through for Harrold who finished well, but the linesman ruled it out for offside.

The narrow scoreline at the break will have been a frustration for Embleton’s side having not played particularly badly, but they got what they deserved less than five minutes after the restart.

Clay’s miscontrol on the edge of the box fell kindly for Widdowson, and with his weaker right foot, he arrowed an effort into the top corner to draw Orient level.

Midfielder Clay then had a hand in Orient completing the turnaround. He seized on a defensive mistake by the Saddlers and raced through clear on goal before looking up to find Harrold, who took his time to finish well into the bottom corner.

Whatever was said at half-time had clearly worked, as Orient had really taken a hold of proceedings, creating all the chances and limited Walsall to nothing.

They asserted that dominance in the 75th minute when Wilkinson extended their lead with an excellent solo goal. He cut in from the right and his deflected shot rolled past the wrong-footed Roberts.

Only five minutes later though, Wilkinson’s afternoon was to be over as referee Ben Toner showed him a red card for an off the ball incident with Dan Scarr, who escaped with a yellow.

Even with the numerical advantage, Walsall didn’t look like creating anything in the final minutes, despite their pressure on the Orient backline, allowing the O’s to hold on for consecutive wins in League Two for the first time this season.

Next up for Embleton’s side is the trip to Grimsby Town next Saturday, which kicks off at 3pm.

Orient line-up: Brill; Judd, Coulson, Happe, Widdowson; Gorman, Clay, Wright, Brophy; Harrold, Wilkinson

Subs: Sargeant, Maguire-Drew, Dayton, Dennis, Marsh, Ogie, Alabi