REWARDS were reaped at last by Orient tonight as they surged up the League One table with this comfortable win.

Orient sit in 11th place tonight, after first half goals by Dean Cox, Alex Revell and Stephen Dawson ended the match as a contest.

Cox opened the scoring with a crafty low free kick on 12 minutes after McGleish was fouled.

Revell displayed predator's instincts for his goal just past the half hour mark, nodding home in a goal-line melee.

Then with Town still reeling a minute later, Dawson slammed home from outside the box and finished the game as a contest by half-time.

During this strong run Orient have remained lodged in the lower reaches of the division, but now Russell Slade's side sit in the top half, a high point of the campaign so far.

Swindon Town looked threatening on the attack. Matt Richie hit the post with the scoreline at 1-0.

But Danny Wilson's side were inept at the back, and the Os capitalised to great effect.

Jamie Jones was very impressive in goal for Orient again. A string of saves by him denied Swindon, who were much better attacking than at defending.

Right on the stroke of half-time he was excellent with a diving save to palm over Michael Rose's free kick, after Dawson fouled Richie 25 yards from goal.

In contrast, Swindon stopper Phil Smith had a nightmare. He and the centre-backs were seemingly on different planets from each other.

A harsh critic could cite less than perfect goalkeeping by him as playing a part in Orient's first half goals.

Cox's low venomous low drive from 20 yards into the bottom corner tricked him, nullifying the Town wall. Smith was not down quick enough.

Scott McGleish had won the free kick in the danger zone after Kevin Amankwaah floored him.

Alex Revell haunted his old club when he nodded home from all of two yards on 31 minutes.

He netted near the goal line after Smith palmed McGleish's header straight upwards instead of sideways.

Stephen Dawson's goal a minute afterwards underlined Orient's dominance.

A strike low from outside the box while Swindon were still rocking from Revell put Orient in the comfort zone.

It was goal number two of the campaign for the Os' skipper.

Whatever Robins boss Danny Wilson wanted to see after the break, he had seen quite enough after one minute of the second half.

The visitors made all three permitted substitutions before 50 minutes. Obviously the subbed players failed to make the required impact inside five minutes.

Jonathan Téhoué replaced Alex Revell and soon copped an earful from boss Slade for not closing down enough.

Near full time, Jason Crowe saw his shot turned onto the bar by Smith.

But it was not important as Orient had this win wrapped up in the first half.

Jones (gk), Whing, Chorley, Forbes, Cox, Dawson (capt), McGleish (Kane 75) Revell (Téhoué 58), Daniels, Spring (Crowe 7), Smith.

Subs: Butcher (gk), Omozusi, Jarvis, Crowe, Téhoué, Carroll, Kane.

Attendance: 4,214 including 302 Town fans