Eton Manor extended their unbeaten run at the weekend comfortably winning 84-7 over Chelmsford at the New Wilderness in London One North.

Chelmsford kicked off the match and the hosts almost paid the price for their sloppy play when Chelmsford worked their way into their 11 but the defensive line was too strong.

Fred Newbury scored the opening try of the game after he drove on with the ball and the conversion was added from Nick Sheppard.

Nine minutes later Manor extended their lead when Andrew Connors raced over the line from 10m out but the conversion was missed.

From the re-start Luigi Martelletti and Max Murray displayed a tactical partnership which allowed Tryson Goodchild to pick up the ball and rove through the middle to score their third.

Sheppard was successful with this conversion taking the score to 19-0.

The match soon became one way traffic with Andrew Connors and Murray adding to the score with both conversions missed taking them to a 29-0 lead after 33 minutes.

Chelmsford, however, did not give in and all their efforts were rewarded when their left winger broke through some Manor tackling to score a solo try.

But their good news stopped there when their prop was shown a yellow card from the scrum for infringement.

This allowed Manor to kick from an attacking lineout and moved along their backline for Sheppard to crash over the line.

The conversion was once again missed and the half-time score was 34-7.

Almost immediately after the break Eton increased their lead when Murray went on the attack and put Sheppard into space to score another try with the successful conversion.

Martelletti and Jack Sullivan added the next two to take the score to 55-7 after 20 minutes in the final 40.

After the score went to 62-7 courtesy of a Newbury score the away side once again responded.

They had a period of possession inside Manor’s 22 but poor handling let them down giving the home side the chance to clear their lines.

Connors was the man to get Manor’s next score and Sheppard scored the penultimate try of the game.

Manor’s final try came when Sullivan spotted a large gap in Chelmsford’s defence to seal the game off in style to move into fourth in the table.

Fellow league side Chingford recorded a 36-31 win over Ruislip.

Wanstead Essex’s RFU Intermediate Cup match was cancelled due to their opposition Campion being unable to field a side.