Eton Manor recorded an away win over Thurrock in a 27-19 victory in their London One North fixture.

After three minutes, Manor led 7-0 when Nick Sheppard managed to open up a gap in the Thurrock defensive line and he sprinted over the line for the first try of the game.

The hosts, however, managed to reduce the deficit when their second row burst through the Manor defence.

Although he was stopped a few metres short, he passed out of the tackle allowing his supporting player to score close to the posts, with the conversion missed.

Chances from both sides came thick and fast with neither adding to their tally until Thurrock had the upper hand in attack and their scrum-half managed to scamper over the line for their second try, this time with the successful coversion.

This kicked Manor into gear with Elliott Brown launching a counter-attack to the halfway point before chipping the ball ahead.

Thurrock did not deal with the bobbling ball and Ben Lockyer got his foot to the ball first kicking it into the home side’s 22.

Murray gave chase and raced to the line for their second try and Sheppard added the extra points to take the lead 14-12.

Eton were now more dominant and added another score after they had won a penalty and Sheppard slotted the attempt as half-time approached.

Thurrock kicked off the second half and were soon on the attack but it was Manor who scored their third try, 12 minutes into the second through Tryson Goodchild.

Manor then scored their fourth through Nick Horton when he raced over the line from a Reece Reed pass.

But Thurrock were not dead and buried as with 23 minutes played in the second 40 minutes they launched a free flowing fast paced attack with their tackle flying over the line for a seven point score.

Manor had to fend off a resurgent Thurrock but managed to do so to hold on for the win.

Fellow London One North side Chingford also recorded a victory. They won 69-10 away to Chelmsford and still sit third in the table.

In London Two North East, Epping Upper Clapton returned to winning ways coming back from 10-0 to win 24-17 over Ipswich.

Clapton registered their first try through Harry Barnes.

John Gunnell added their second before Rupert Wood scored their third to take the score to 17-10.

Barnes rounded off the perfect 40 minute performance when he scored another try before Ipswich scored a late converted try.

Woodford managed a small margin victory over Campion in a 24-23 scoreline.

And in London Three North East Wanstead managed to defeat league leaders Harlow, 31-12, to move to the top on 65 points.