Waltham Abbey recorded their fourth win in a row in the Ryman North Division on Saturday after defeating Brentwood Town 1-0.

It was the Blues who created the first chance when Lamar Reynolds shot into the side netting after some good work with Andy Freeman.

Waltham then went close themselves through Daniel Rimmell, who just failed to get enough on a header from a free-kick.

But the deadlock was soon broken when Rimmell put in a cross from the right that was swept home by Michael Spencer for his third goal in two matches.

Brentwood’s best opportunity came when Leon Gordon put Freeman through in the 38th minute but he could not beat James Pellin in the home goal.

The second half saw the keepers called into action early. Anthony Page saved a Billy Holland shot before Harrison Georgiou’s low effort was kept out by Pellin.

It looked as though the visitors would equalise in the 82nd minute when Reynolds had the Abbey keeper beat but it was cleared off the line by Macauley Joynes.

Waltham Forest made it two victories on the bounce in the Essex Senior League with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Burnham Ramblers.

The Ramblers started the brighter of the two sides, with Charlee Hughes having a number of chances but unable to find the target.

Forest began to grow into the game and had two good chances themselves at the tail-end of the first half.

Joshua Banton volleyed over from close range before another shot was blocked.

Hughes almost opened the scoring when he held onto the ball long enough to reach the penalty area but Mohammed Ahmed made a diving save.

The second half was evenly contested but it was Pelummy Martin who was to be his side’s late hero.

He headed in a corner at the back post in the 90th minute to complete a double over Burnham.

Redbridge suffered a 4-1 defeat against AFC Wimbledon in the London Senior Cup on Tuesday.

On Saturday they also lost 5-3 at the hands of Enfield 1893 with an Oliver Dingli double and one from Brian Moses providing insufficient.

Ilford FC managed back-to-back wins in the league, defeating London Bari 5-1 last Wednesday.

They also saw off Eton Manor 2-0 on Saturday courtesy of goals from Ryan Ramsay and Lindsipho Mtyanda.

West Essex beat Hullbridge Sports 4-3 on Saturday as Joseph Lefley, Tom Macleod, Michael Mignot and Ben Clarke were all on the scoresheet.

Wadham Lodge were also victorious in their mid-week fixture as they defeated Enfield 4-2.

And Barkingside FC had a mixed week after they defeated Haringey & Waltham FC 3-2 in the Premier Division.

They were knocked out of the Senior Cup on Tuesday after they were humbled 7-1 against Dulwich Hamlet FC.