Wapping ladies’ firsts scored a last-minute goal to win 2-1 against Old Loughtonians ladies Firsts away at Chigwell on Saturday.

Loughtonians started the game by applying pressure on the newly formed Wapping defence.

The first half was scrappy with both teams creating attacking chances which they were unable to convert and it ended 0-0.

But both teams stepped up in the second and Old Loughts won a series of short corners, only for Megan Pugh to keep them at bay.

The hosts’ Alice Melvin was the first to score and she popped the ball beyond the keeper and into the goal.

Loughts were then awarded a penalty stroke but Pugh one again read the flick and made a vital save.

Wapping then found their form and Aisling McKeon cleanly struck the ball home despite a broken down routine, putting the score level at 1-1.

The away side’s Belinda Armstrong was punished for a back stick and minutes later Fran Sutton was handed a five-minute suspension for a stick tackle.

Down to 10 players, Wapping defended well and managed to find the winner when skipper Lucy Todd cleanly struck a shot from the left and into the goal.

Bottom-placed men’s firsts took on National League toppers Teddington at Lee Valley and found themselves on the wrong end of an 8-4 scoreline.

Wapping began at a high intensity and were deservedly 2-0 up within minutes. Phil Messent hammered home the first goal David Maclean followed with a sublime second.

Teddington responded quickly and their forward line showed their class which resulted in three well-taken goals.

Their third goal was a delightful reverse chip from an acute angle over Wapping goalkeeper James Stock. Ben Bull drew the game level but the visitors scored their fourth just before the break.

The away side soon made it five just after the break and the change in momentum led to three more quick goals giving them an 8-3 lead with 17 minutes to play.

Max Bowerman restored some pride for Wapping just before the final whistle, scoring with a reserve stick.

Old Lought’s men’s firsts played in the first of their four ‘cup finals’ and emerged as the 3-2 victors against Harleston Magpies.

From the first whistle the ball was launched over to Shane Martin who made his way into the D, laying off to Harry Kempe, and he fired the ball to Will Hopkins who deflected in.

The second came from a needle pass from Rob Bloss which was finished smartly by Kevin Ross. Martin put in a third to seal the win.

Crostyx’s ladies firsts were held to a 2-2 draw by Saffron Walden Firsts while the men fell to a 4-2 defeat against Saffron Walden.

And Waltham Forest men’s firsts also drew 2-2 with Old Southendian in the East Men’s League Premier Division B.