Eton Manor’s unbeaten start continued as they made it back-to-back wins by comprehensively beating Diss 42-13.

Despite having to make nine enforced changes to the side, Jamie Connors’ men ran out comfortable winners thanks to influential displays from Cameron Dutch and Michael Eghan.

Those wholesale changes seemed to affect Manor early on, with the side struggling to find their feet in attack, and they fell behind in the 24th minute after conceding a penalty.

That seemed to jolt Manor into life and they responded positively through Eghan, who sidestepped three tackles before racing over the line, before Dutch added another two points with a successful conversion.

Having come close through Elliott Brown and Jack Sullivan, poor handling would prove costly for Manor, as Diss punished the Wanstead club for missing a trio of opportunities when they converted their second penalty of the game to move within one point of their opponents.

Despite a poor first half showing, Connors’ side held the lead at the break and they came out fired up following the restart, with the ball being fed to debutant Oscar Townsend, who showed good strength to fend off three attempted challenges to crash over, before Dutch scored his second conversion of the game to make it 14-6 in Manor’s favour.

The Wanstead club were then handed a big let off when Diss missed a penalty and they punished their opponents for squandering that opportunity when they were awarded a penalty try.

Dutch increased Manor’s advantage even further when he notched his first try of the match and he then added a further two points thanks to a successful conversion to put the Wanstead side well in control.

Dutch would prove to be influential again when Manor scored their fifth try soon after, as his cross field kick was picked up by fullback Brown, who rounded a defender before evading another tackle on the line to add another seven points on the board.

The points were coming thick and fast by this point, with substitute Misiona Evagelia the next to get his name on the scoresheet, before Dutch kept his 100% record by scoring his fourth conversion to hand Manor a commanding 42-6 lead with just five minutes to play.

Diss pulled some points back late on thanks to a penalty try but it was too little too late for the home side, as Manor recorded their third win of the season to leave them in fourth place in the London One North Division.

Epping Upper Clapton made it three wins on the bounce in the London 3 Essex League, as they narrowly beat Campion 35-33 in a close fought match in Romford.

League leaders Clapton came into the match brimming with confidence and they started brightly with Dave Allen’s try being backed up by Dan Jones’ penalty.

Campion got their first points on the board courtesy of a penalty, before Dom Merret’s try was supported by Jones’ second conversion to extend Epping’s lead.

Not for the first time this season, Epping became complacent and Campion responded with two late tries, which were sandwiched either side of a Jones penalty, to give the visitors a slender lead at the break.

The wind was in Campion’s sails after that late first half fightback and they started strongly following the re-start, taking the lead through a converted try which was supported by another penalty.

Both teams then converted penalties of their own, leaving Clapton trailing by nine points, and Epping’s Dale Gardener kick started a fight-back when he raced over, before Jones added a further two points through a successful conversion.

Ill-discipline would then prove to be costly for Campion, who finished the game with 12 men, and Cam Furlong would take full advantage, with his late try cancelling out the Romford side’s successful penalty minutes earlier to bring Epping back on level terms.

Having played an influential role in proceedings, Jones would then score yet another conversion with the last kick of the game, to make it three wins in a row.