Walthamstow dropped down to eighth place in the Essex Senior League as Francesco Cicconi netted a last gasp equaliser to secure Leyton Athletic a 2-2 draw.

Ryan Maxwell’s side entered the match in good form, having won three of their last four league games, and they opened the scoring on the half hour mark when Gebrai Samrai tucked home Billy Jones’ cross.

Leyton would equalise moments after the restart when Mario Gnijaj’s stunning strike from 40-yards left Stow goalkeeper James Harkin with no chance.

But they wouldn’t be back on level terms for long, as Craig Pope rose highest to meet Christian Owusu’s free-kick to restore Walthamstow’s advantage barely ten minutes later.

Maxwell’s side seemed destined to record their fourth win in five games, but Leyton had other ideas and Cicconi would secure the visitors a point when he struck deep into second half stoppage time.

Redbridge’s mixed start to the campaign continued as they slipped to a 3-1 defeat on home turf against Woodford Town.

The damage was done in the first half, as both Samir Ali and Tkudwza Mashingaidze struck to hand Woodford a 2-0 lead after just 15 minutes.

Temi Babalola effectively sealed the victory for Woodford with 12 minutes remaining, but there was still time for the Motormen to net a consolation through Brian Kyungu’s excellent strike from 25-yards.

Ilford remain in the top four as they bounced back from their shock midweek defeat to Southend Manor by holding play off chasers Hoddesdon Town to a goalless draw on home turf.

Elsewhere, West Essex are out of the BBC Essex Senior Cup after they were thrashed 4-1 by Saffron Walden Town in the second round.

The tie was effectively over at half-time, as a brace from Ryan Fleming and Charlie Portway’s early penalty handed Saffron Walden a commanding 3-0 lead at the break.

Tom Lakin added his name to the scoresheet following the re-start to make it four before substitute Tom Woodbridge pulled one back for West Essex with 20 minutes remaining.

West Essex did, however, enjoy better fortunes in mid-week, as they returned to winning ways in the Essex Senior League with a 1-0 win over Enfield thanks to Izzy Ogedi-Uzokwe’s first half strike.

In the Essex Olympian League Premier Division, Buckhurst Hill’s strong start to the season under boss Mark Williams continued as they remain at the top of the league following a 3-1 win over Hutton.

Sonny Shilling notched a brace, while Nathan Sollosi also got his name on the scoresheet to extend Buckhurst Hill’s 100% start to the season to six games.

Meanwhile, in Division One, Snaresbrook now lead the way after they thrashed Herongate Athletic 6-1.

The goals came from six different players, with Mitchell Collymore, Harry Price, Ryan Barker-Francis, Drew Barbier, Max Caterhall and Tyriquee Solomon all getting their names on the scoresheet to secure a comprehensive win.

Epping Town were in Essex Junior Cup action on Saturday and they progressed to the second round of the competition with a comfortable 4-0 away win over Writtle.

Barry Fingleton opened the scoring for Epping, before Tim Curtis and Alex Paraskeva added their names to the scoresheet to put Billy Cove’s men in the driving seat at the break.

Curtis added his second of the afternoon following the restart to make it four for Epping, meaning they haven’t conceded in their maiden cup outings this campaign.

Manager Cove said after the game: "We had four players drop out for one reason or another, so we had to rejig things but to win 4-0 away from home in the cup is superb. All the boys did really well.

"The boys that came in, that haven't been playing regularly for the past few weeks, were absolutely superb."