Ryan Maxwell has been ‘delighted’ with Walthamstow hot-shot James Peagram’s superb goal scoring form after the striker netted his 12th of the season against Saffron Walden Town last week.

Peagram moved to the Essex Senior League side after a prolific campaign with Basildon United last season and he added to his impressive tally by putting Walthamstow 2-0 up against Saffron Walden Town last week following Ryan Ramsey’s opener.

Greg Strong pulled one back for the home side on the stroke of half-time, before Junior Appiah restored Walthamstow’s two goal advantage following the restart.

But Walthamstow were handed a late sucker punch when Lewis Francis netted a stoppage time double to secure Saffron Walden a 3-3 draw.

Nonetheless, Maxwell has been pleased with Peagram’s form in front of goal and fired a warning to the rest of the division by stating that there is still more to come from the striker.

On Peagram, Maxwell said: “I’m delighted with his return. There’s more to come with his all round game and he knows that. He’s an experienced player now at 29 I believe.

“He needs to not just score goals for us, but he needs to be the person that the younger lads look to. But he has been in fantastic goal scoring form.

“He’s had lots of chances and he could have added to that comfortably. But he’s always coming up with a goal and it gives you a lot of confidence with James Peagram in the team scoring goals.”

The Stow weren’t in Essex Senior League action at the weekend, but a changed side did beat Clapton Community FC 1-0 in a friendly on Friday night at Wadham Lodge.

Elsewhere, Leyton Athletic continued their strong start to the campaign by holding high flying Hullbridge Sports to an entertaining 2-2 draw thanks to a brace from Dwade James.

The in-form Leyton striker, who is the Essex Senior League’s second top scorer, struck deep into stoppage time to cancel out Luke Hornsley’s opener to send the sides in on level terms at the break.

Hullbridge would retake the lead through Jimmy Cox following the restart but James would come back to haunt the home side once again, as he popped up in the 90th minute to secure Leyton a hard earned point on the road.

Meanwhile, Redbridge are through to the second round of the FA Vase as they breezed past Southend Manor thanks to a late brace from Jack Stevenson.

The Motormen led 2-0 at the break thanks to strikes from Larry Asare and Calvin Poku, but Southend set up a nervy second half when they pulled one back five minutes after the restart through Nathan Dewberry.

But Redbridge sealed their progression to the second round late on, as Stevenson notched twice in the space of eight minutes to hand them a 4-1 win.

That result made it back-to-back wins for the Motormen, who returned to winning ways in mid-week with a 3-0 win over Takeley thanks to a brace from Calvin Poku and a second half strike from Stevenson.

However, West Essex won’t be joining Redbridge in the second round of the FA Vase after they were beaten 2-1 by Godmanchester Rovers.

Nick Walk had got West Essex back on level terms before the break when he found the back of the net on the half hour mark to cancel out Simon Unwin’s opener for the visitors.

But Godmanchester wouldn’t be denied, as Buster Harridine popped up with 15 minutes remaining to seal the away side’s progression.

Meanwhile in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division, Buckhurst Hill maintained their 100% start to the season under Mark Williams with a 5-0 win over Canning Town.

Suley Zuhdu and Steve Townsend both scored braces, while Billy Wells also got his name on the score-sheet, meaning Buckhurst Hill opened up a two point lead at the top of the table after Kelvedon Hatch were held by Old Southendian.

Finally, Epping Town are through to the third round of the Essex Junior Cup thanks to a 2-0 win over Hutton Reserves after goals from Daniel Garfinkle and Tim Curtis.