Redbridge’s disappointing start to the Essex Senior League season continued as they were condemned to their fifth home defeat in a row at the hands of St Margaretsbury.

The Motormen just missed out on promotion last season and have been unable to recapture that form this campaign, as goals from Charncey Dash and Den Ferringo put the visitors well in control.

Patrick Duggan pulled one back late on but it proved to be nothing more than a consolation as St Margaretsbury claimed a 2-1 win, leaving Redbridge down in 15th place.

Play off chasers Woodford Town were also beaten, as they were just edged out on home turf by Saffron Walden Town, who claimed their third win in a row.

Connor Leon cancelled out Craig Calver’s opener to send Woodford in on level terms at the break.

But Daniel Trendall popped up with three minutes remaining to secure the in-form visitors a 2-1 victory.

Ilford were unable to build on their 2-0 win over Tower Hamlets in mid-week, as they were beaten by Takeley on Saturday thanks to a quick fire double from Charlie Cole.

Goals from Lion Ducaj as well as Callum Maltese had seen Ilford earn three points in mid-week and it seemed like they would back that result up with a draw with Takeley, with the match finely poised at 0-0 going into the final few minutes.

But Cole popped up twice in the final ten minutes to secure the visitors, who had lost their last four league games, an unlikely victory.

Meanwhile, West Essex took four points from two games as they built on their morale boosting 2-1 win over Takeley by holding Tower Hamlets to a 2-2 draw at the weekend.

Symeon Taylor put West Essex ahead inside the opening 15 minutes, but they trailed at the break thanks to two late strikes from Luke With and Oseman Usifah.

But just as Tower Hamlets thought they were heading for three points, Izzy Ogedi-Ozokwe popped up right at the death to earn West Essex a point.

Elsewhere, it was a tough week for Leyton Athletic, who were thrashed 5-0 by Stanstead on Saturday to leave them rooted in the relegation zone.

All five goals came in the second half, with Callum Ibe notching a brace, while Connor Hammond, Paul Clayton and Jack West all got their names on the scoresheet to hand the home side a comfortable win.

In the Essex Olympian League Premier Division, Buckhurst Hill’s 100% start to the season was brought to an end, as Joel Brown’s goal was enough to hand Bishop’s Stortford a 1-0 win.

Lastly, Epping Town are out of the Anagram Records Trophy after they were beaten 3-1 by Clapton Community FC.